The Hokies hit the road for the first time this season to play East Carolina down in Greenville, NC. They opened up as a 20 point favorite with the line flying to 23 now in some places. Here are some trends to consider.
- VT is 5-6 against the spread on the road the last three seasons.
- ECU is 8-18 against the spread the last three years overall and 4-10 ATS as an underdog.
- Hokies won 54-17 last year against East Carolina in Blacksburg.
- They are 5-2 straight up in their last seven meetings with the Pirates on the road, but ECU has covered four of those.
There is a lot of uncertainty involving this game. ECU has a new defensive coordinator and isn’t quite sure who will be under center when the game begins. I’ll never lay that many points on the road even if the team is that much better. Weird things happen and backdoor covers by bad teams happen. Stay away from this game.
Matt Josephs is the producer of The Sports Huddle and Hardly Workin’ from 3-6. He also hosts Border to Border on Saturday mornings at 11am. For more of his opinions on football games go to https://www.sportscapping.com/matt-josephs.html
For the Latest in Sports: Follow @ESPNRichmond
Washington Redskins Cheerleaders! [PHOTOS]
1. New York Jets v Washington RedskinsSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Buffalo Bills v Washington RedskinsSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Miami Dolphins v Washington RedskinsSource:Getty 3 of 10
4. Buffalo Bills v Washington RedskinsSource:Getty 4 of 10
5. Buffalo Bills v Washington RedskinsSource:Getty 5 of 10
6. St Louis Rams v Washington RedskinsSource:Getty 6 of 10
7. MGM National Harbor Grand Opening GalaSource:Getty 7 of 10
8. New York Giants v Washington RedskinsSource:Getty 8 of 10
9. New York Giants v Washington RedskinsSource:Getty 9 of 10
10. New York Jets v Washington RedskinsSource:Getty 10 of 10