It might not be the most spectacular weekend for ranked, on-paper, CFB match-ups. Still, the SEC is opening up it’s conference slate, there is a crucial game with playoff implications, plus plenty of out-of-conference games to look at.
#10 Wisconsin (2-0) @ BYU (1-2) 3:30 ABC
– This probably isn’t that important of a game and it appears to be a down year for BYU, but if you look closely the Cougars have a tough schedule and are gamers that can hang in there with opponents of a lesser offensive caliber like Wisconsin.
Kentucky (2-0) @ South Carolina (2-0) 7:30 SECnet and 102.7 FM
– Once again, not a gorgeous portion of the slate, but this game is actually fairly important at this stage in the season. The SEC East is notoriously wide open every year. USC is a dark horse and Mark Stoops seems to have Kentucky appearing to be a 7-9 win team this year.
#12 LSU (2-0) @ Mississippi State (2-0) 7 ESPN
– Another important division game in the SEC. Nick Fitzgerald has taken the QB reigns in StarkVegas and the LSU defense, while not as deep as certain Tiger D’s, is still very good.
#23 Tennessee (2-0) @ #24 Florida (0-1) 3:30 CBS and 102.7 FM
– This game always produces good memories and can take fans to the edge. Last year’s edition saw the Vols surge back and score 21 points in the 4th quarter to take a lead. Expect similar parity and competition in what could be a sloppy offensive game.
#3 Clemson (2-0) @ #14 Louisville (2-0) 8 ABC and ESPN 950 AM
– The big one of the week and probably the most important game of the season to this point. The fact that it is a conference game elevates it above Alabama/FSU and OU/OSU. Lamar Jackson seeks revenge and it’s hard to pick against him in this one.