— Update September 18, 9:18am —
Tornadoes ripped through the Richmond region yesterday, the remnants of Hurricane Florence.
Heavy rains and high winds pummeled the area. One fatality has been reported. A man lost his life in nearby Chesterfield County after his workplace was destroyed. His identity has not been released.
If you’ve experienced any damages from the tornadoes, please see our list of Richmond Emergency Resources.
Tornado warnings have been issued for parts of Central Virginia. Areas affected include Richmond, Northwestern Henrico, and Southeastern Hanover counties.
Severe thunderstorms capable of producing a tornado invaded the area moving at speeds of 25 MPH to 45 MPH. Many schools are currently on lockdown. Authorities encourage the public to take cover in a basement or interior room — staying away from windows.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Text “Kiss” To 23845 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @kissrichmond
#PrayForWilmington: Hurricane Florence Slams Into North Carolina
1.Source: 1 of 11
2.Source: 2 of 11
3. A car is destroyed by falling bricks in Wilmington.Source: 3 of 11
4.Source: 4 of 11
5.Source: 5 of 11
6. Hurricane Florence causes damage to the roads ib Wilmington.Source: 6 of 11
7.Source: 7 of 11
8. Hurricane Florence slams into the coast of the CarolinasSource: 8 of 11
9.Source: 9 of 11
10. Wilmington prepares for Hurricane FlorenceSource: 10 of 11
11.Source: 11 of 11
- Report: Kaepernick, NFL Resolve Collusion Case
- 2/15 Shawn Stiffler Interview
- 2/15 RVA Locals Only
- 2/15 Tim Thomas Interview